Extreme Makeover Home Edition Hampton Roads – Day 4 Behind The Scenes
The house is moving along so quickly! The house is up and roof is on! I know there were approximately 6000 volunteer applications and so many weren’t able to participate in the actual build project. But there are other ways to take part as a community and get involved.
“Extreme March to Make A Difference” is Your Time to see Build Site and Support Home Construction
Want to make sure Beverly Hill, Fred Burdette and their six adopted daughters have a quality new home, with space to run their operation to feed the homeless? And to see that house go up at the same time?
The opportunity to do so is Thursday, February 3 from 3-5 p.m. Team Trademark, the Build Team for the project, is inviting the community to:
- come to the parking lot of Lynnhaven Mall between the AMC Theaters and Macy’s off South Lynnhaven Road.
- bring non-perishable food for the Extreme Food Drive
- donate $20 to purchase an official Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Hampton Roads Build t-shirt ($15 for extra small children’s sizes). CASH SALES ONLY, no checks or credit cards.
- be in a large group picture that will be shot from a Cox Communications bucket truck.
- walk in columns across Lynnhaven Road, then up Gentry Road past the home site, and finally around the block and back to the Mall. Virginia Beach police and other law enforcement personnel will provide security and crowd control.
Proceeds from “The Extreme March to Make a Difference” will support the critical Build Fund, which pays for those construction items that are not donated. All participants are urged to wear an official Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Hampton Roads Build orange t-shirt