WVEC Social Media Saturday : Social Media Privacy Tips
- Keep your privacy settings up to date ( I keep a spreadsheet of my sites I use and the last time I updated my profile) Although it is always a work in progress for me.
- Don’t accept unknown friend requests : Sure we all want to network but now there are ways to connect with out personally connecting. I have created a business page for more of the networking.
- Don’t put your date of birth and your birth place ( Carnegie Mellos researchers can figure out your social security #)
- Put a password on your phone in case you lose it or it gets stolen
- Be cautious of permissions needed for applications for your phone and websites
- Log out and view your profile as someone else
- Don’t check into places unless you want people to know where you are ( I never check into my home or my childrens schools)
- Be cautious of using shared or public computers.
Thank you for reading my blog. If you like what you’ve read, then please :
Follow, Connect, Watch, Subscribe :