WVEC – Weekends with Joe and Julie for Social Media Saturday
Today’s topic was BYOD or Bring your own device. Yesterday I received a not home from my 7yr old’s school saying that it is ok to bring your own device ( smartphone, tablet or laptop)
Unfortunately, I only get about 3 1/2 minutes to chat about a topic and I really wanted to compare the tablet options and why you may or may not want to invest in a tablet since that is one of the hottest things people are talking about.
Reasons to get a tablet :
- great e-readers
- tablets are better than some laptops especially if you dont do alot of typing
- great for sharing photos and 1 on 1 presentations
- great for travel
- better battery life
Reasons to consider not getting a tablet :
- I have a smart phone and can use in place of a tablet
- can’t do as much work on a tablet as my laptop
- Who knows what is going to come out next!!
Kindle Fire 8.9inch coming out in November only $299
Ipad starts at $499 up to $899
Google Nexus 7 : The best of Google for only $199
Samsung Galaxy $350
I am thinking of checking out the Google Nexus 7 – I have heard many good things about it so I will give you a review if I do decide to. But for now I am content with my smart phone and laptop. My 2 boys use an ipad though.